ERROR: Failed to identify data receiver.

Subcutaneous Transmitters (SCT), Implantable Inertial Sensors (IIS), Head-Mounting Transmitters (HMT), Implantable Stimulator-Transponders (IST)
Kevan Hashemi
Site Admin

ERROR: Failed to identify data receiver.

Postby Kevan Hashemi » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:00 am

A customer writes:

"I received the following error several times and had to manually select Start/Record again (Screengrab attached): "Failed to identify data receiver". As a result, we have sections of data missing as this happened sometimes in the night and was not switched back on until 6am or the next time the mice were checked. As the PC is not online, could this be a clock issue? I.e. once a minute had drifted in the PC clock the TCB could not reconnect? I have attached an excel file which shows the on and off times, I however don't see a clear pattern to this. I can be quite certain there was no power outage during these times."

Customer is using Neurorecorder 162.
--
Kevan Hashemi, President
Open Source Instruments Inc.
www.opensourceinstruments.com

Kevan Hashemi
Site Admin

Re: ERROR: Failed to identify data receiver.

Postby Kevan Hashemi » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:24 am

Dear Kate,

We regret your loss of EEG data, but we are confident we can fix this problem.

Thank you for your screen shot of the Neurorecorder and its slave Receiver Instrument. You are suffering from occasional interruptions of the network connection between the Receiver Instrument and your Telemetry Control Box. In Neurorecorder 162, these interruptions are not handled correctly. We see the exact error you see, but the error message is misleading. We fixed this problem in Neurorecorder 163. I think you are using LWDAQ 10.5.5. Please upgrade to LWDAQ 10.6.5 by zip archive download, or GitHub.

With Neurorecorder 133+, should see an error message whenever an interruption takes place, but the Neurorecorder will recover immediately, reset the TCB and continue recording. Please try recording, even if there are no transmitters running, and see how it goes.

We first noticed this problem when we were trying to record continuously from a TCB over our wireless network. When we switched to a direct connection to the TCB, the problem resolved itself. That was when we realized that the Neurorecorder was not handling the problem correctly.

Best Wishes, Kevan
--
Kevan Hashemi, President
Open Source Instruments Inc.
www.opensourceinstruments.com

Return to “Telemetry”